Bounty18 Market Place
Re-opened on 3rd May 2014 after nearly 5 years of closure. As the George Inn/Hotel it was originally a coaching inn in existence before 1671. In 1959 it was completely demolished and a new building erected on the site which was subsequently renamed The Bounty. It has now been completely refurbished using HMS Bounty, famous for its mutiny of 1789, as its theme. The bar is styled to represent the stern of the Bounty and benefits from dark oak panelling and re-covered seating. 1 or sometimes 2 ciders.